REGISTRATION FOR KING OF WINTER – Round 3 IS OPEN!
(Registration Link is at the bottom of the page)
|KING OF GGPO 2012 – KING OF WINTER – Round 1|
|Date||February 3, 2012|
|1st||Afro Legends||Dee Jay / Boxer|
|5th||DNGR S PAPERCUT||T. Hawk|
Afro Legends qualifies for the KING OF WINTER FINALS on February 24th.
|KING OF GGPO 2012 – KING OF WINTER – Round 2|
|Date||February 10, 2012|
|1st||marsgatti||Guile / O. Guile|
Marsgatti qualifies for the KING OF WINTER FINALS on February 24th.
|KING OF GGPO 2012 – KING OF WINTER – Round 3|
|Date||February 17, 2012|
|1st||Roybisel||O. Sagat / Boxer / Dhalsim|
|5th||djfrijoles||T. Hawk / Ken|
Roybisel qualifies for the KING OF WINTER FINALS on February 24th.
FORMAT / RULES:
- There are three 64-man bracket qualifying tournaments (three chances to qualify).
- ROUND 1 – February 3, 2012 @ 10PM PST.
- ROUND 2 – February 10, 2012 @ 10PM PST.
- ROUND 3 – February 17, 2012 @ 10PM PST.
- The winner of each tournament QUALIFIES for the FINALS on February 24, 2011.
- The winner of each tournament may not enter the following qualifying tournaments.
- TO HELP KEEP PINGS AS LOW AS POSSIBLE, WE’RE RESTRICTING IT TO PLAYERS FROM THE UNITED STATES, CANADA AND MEXICO ONLY. (SORRY!)
- PING LIMIT OF 160ms IN IN EFFECT. IF YOUR PING IS OVER 160ms WHEN CHECKED BY A TOURNAMENT ORGANIZER, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR PORTS ARE FORWARDED CORRECTLY BEFOREHAND. IF THERE ARE ISSUES WITH YOUR CONNECTION, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.
- REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE 15 mintues before the tournament start time. PLEASE SHOW UP 15 minutes before the tournament start time.
- All matches in the qualifying tournaments are 2 OUT OF 3 games and DOUBLE ELIMINATION. 64 man cap.
- WINNERS FINALS, LOSER FINALS, and GRAND FINALS are 3 OUT OF 5 GAMES.
- NO CHARACTER LOCK. Loser may switch characters. Winner must stay with the same character.
- Akuma is banned. Zangief’s “magic grab” glitch is banned.
- Anyone who is caught using macros or turbos, will be DISQUALIFIED and BANNED.
- Any excessive unsportsmanlike behavior will result in a BAN. Keep it civilized, gentlemen!
- If two players cannot connect, a coinflip will determine the winner.
FINALS: THREE MAN, RACE TO TEN format between the three finalists.
- The first two players will be chosen at random and they will play one game. WINNER STAYS. The third player plays the winner one game. Repeat. First player to TEN is the CHAMPION!
- Matches will be streamed by Sabin @ http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby for the world to see, SO BRING YOUR “A” GAME!
The winner will become KING OF WINTER and will qualify for the KING OF GGPO 2012 CHAMPIONSHIPS to be held at the end of the year.