TOURAMENT OF LEGENDS @ EVO 2012
Super Street Fighter II Turbo TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS @ EVOLUTION 2012
For the 25th anniversary of Street Fighter, the most legendary names in fighting games will compete for a projected $3000+ at EVO in the granddaddy of them all: Super Street Fighter II Turbo. The timeless storylines of East vs West, U.S. vs Japan and Old Guard vs New School will clash in the most ageless, accessible and eternally intense fighter ever.
And you can earn a spot in the championship 16-man Main Event! Win one of seven tournaments across the U.S. to see your name up in lights against true legends of the fighting-game community (see schedule below).
Log on to www.kuroppi.com/tournamentoflegends/fanvote between February 15th and February 27th to vote for your favorite competitor, earning them an invite in July’s championship. The winner will be announced on February 28th on the Box Arena stream. Keep checking for more details, including confirmed competitors, interviews and more. We will be announcing US and Japanese invites over the coming weeks.
We aim to host the most exciting and stacked 16-player tournament in ST’s long history and provide a spectacular show for fighting-game lovers around the globe. U.S. and Japanese stars with the most extensive competitive resumes who do not qualify at any official event will be chosen by a panel of tournament organizers and Super Turbo experts to fill the remaining qualifier slots, ensuring that we truly host a Tournament of Legends.
- The rules and format for the Regional Qualifiers will be determined by the tournament organizers of those respective tournaments.
- If the winner of any of the Regional Qualifiers has already qualified for the TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS Finals, the runner-up will be awarded the qualifier.
- If the runner-up is unable to compete at EVO, the qualifying spot will be awarded at the discretion of the ST Revival tournament organizers discretion.
EVO Last Chance Qualifiers and TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS Finals:
- Arcade Super Turbo – Cabinets and Supergun – Japanese and American sticks will be available
- Double Elimination
- 3 out of 5 games. FINALS are 4 out of 7 games.
- No character lock. Players may switch characters at the start of the match or after losing a match.
- Entry fee and registration will be announced soon.
Qualifier #1 – Super Arcade (SoCal) – March 31.
Qualifier #2 – Season’s Beatings (Midwest) – May 5.
Qualifier #3 – Northwest Majors (Northwest) – May 26.
Qualifier #4 – East Coast Throwdown (East Coast) – June 9.
Qualifier #5 – Wild Card (TBA)
Qualifier #6 – Last Chance Qualifier at EVOLUTION 2012 – July 6.
Qualifier #7 – Last Chance Qualifier at EVOLUTION 2012 – July 7.
FINALS – 16-man TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS at EVOLUTION 2012 – July 7.